Vim - the ubiquitous text editor
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to make creating and
changing any kind of text very efficient.
It is included as "vi" with most UNIX systems and with Apple OS X.
Vim is rock stable and is continuously being developed to become even better.
Among its features are:
- persistent, multi-level undo tree
- extensive plugin system
- support for hundreds of programming languages and file formats
- powerful search and replace
- integrates with many tools
is the current version
Vim voted #1 text editor on diffur
It's no surprise to Vim users, but always nice to see how Vim compares to other editors. You can view the list on diffur.com. (Bram Moolenaar)
Secure connection available
Notice the "go to HTTPS page" link in the header? Use it to go to the securely connected version of the same Vim pages.
This runs on the sourceforge servers, thus the URL cannot end in vim.org. This is especially recommended if you upload or download scripts. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim 25 birthday presentation
On November 2nd I did a presentation about Vim at Google Zurich.
This is exactly 25 years since the first public version of Vim was
The presentation gives an overview of Vim history and highlights the
important choices that were made. With background information on
my personal life and what was the state of computing, the context in
which Vim was developed.
You can find it on Youtube.
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
See pictures of Bram's latest visit to Uganda on
Read the visit report on the ICCF website.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 5,454 scripts, 11,933,803 downloads
|| unicon : uniform contrast light and dark colorscheme
||(1.1) Fixed bug with allocating cterm colors to guisp in terminal - Andrey Bartashevitch
|| stunter.vim : stunter.vim: run vim test
||(0.1.0) Initial upload - Anders Thøgersen
|| RAPID-Syntax : Syntax, indent and more for Abb industial robots
||(1.4.0) * *.cfg file will get a bit highlight and filetype rapid now
* automatically correct mixed dos/unix line endings in *.cfg files if g:rapidAutoCorrCfgLineEnd is set to 1
* fixed indent bug
* divided up mappings for <leader>f and gd into 2 options: g:rapidListDefKeyMap and g:rapidGoDefinitionKeyMap
* added <plug> mappings as an alternative to the configuration variables for mappings
* added au... - Patrick Meiser-Knosowski
|| KRL-Syntax : Syntax, indent and more for Kuka industial robots
||(1.5.0) * improved vkrc support:
* Go Definition now works on UP\d+, SPSMAKRO\d+ and M\d+ in fold lines
* improved List Usage for vkrc
* fixed Go Definition for comma separated none value declarations in *.dat files
* fixed e6pos return var name in Auto Form
* fixed array function in Auto Form (e.g. deffct char chName() ) - Patrick Meiser-Knosowski
|| asyncrun : Run Async Shell Commands in Vim 8.0 and Output to Quickfix in Realtime
||(1.13.12) Refactor, support <root> macro to indicate project root (depends on root markers) - Wei Lin
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips