Vim - the ubiquitous text editor
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to make creating and
changing any kind of text very efficient.
It is included as "vi" with most UNIX systems and with Apple OS X.
Vim is rock stable and is continuously being developed to become even better.
Among its features are:
- persistent, multi-level undo tree
- extensive plugin system
- support for hundreds of programming languages and file formats
- powerful search and replace
- integrates with many tools
is the current version
Vimfest 2017 in Berlin
Vimfest is happening again! 22 to 24 September in Berlin. Find more information on the website. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim website now on https
Since the Vim website hosts scripts, security is relevant. SourceForge now supports using https, but only on sourceforge.io.
That is why you now get redirected from vim.org to vim.sourceforge.io.
Let me know if something does not work. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim voted #1 text editor on diffur
It's no surprise to Vim users, but always nice to see how Vim compares to other editors. You can view the list on diffur.com. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
See pictures of Bram's latest visit to Uganda on
Read the visit report on the ICCF website.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 5,493 scripts, 12,224,005 downloads
|| sh.vim : Indenting for Shell script
||(4.58) bug fix - Clavelito Cla
|| vim-sass-colors : sass/scss color variable highlighting (works with imports)
||(0.7.1) Handles creation of new windows without necessarily reading in a new file. - Maxim Ivanov
|| Code::Blocks Dark : Code::Blocks original theme in a dark manner
||(0.5) revamp + dropped cterm colors - Sergey Vlasov
|| ingo-library : Vimscript library of common functions.
||(1.033) - Add ingo/subs/BraceCreation.vim and ingo/subs/BraceExpansion.vim modules.
- Add ingo#query#get#WritableRegister() variant of ingo#query#get#Register().
- Add ingo#str#find#StartIndex().
- Fix recursive invocations of ingo#buffer#generate#Create().
- Add ingo#mbyte#virtcol#GetColOfVirtCol().
- Expose ingo#plugin#marks#FindUnused(), and have it optionally take the considered marks.
- Add ing... - Ingo Karkat
|| SQHell.vim : A lightweight SQL wrapper for vim
- Added support for Sqlite
- Allow results to be in new split each time or stay in current buffer
- Allow postgres to work with multiple queries
- Better documentation - Joe Reynolds
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips